problem with Battlefield 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what you guys are talking about such as aa and af i'm guessing they deal with video cards...i've never owned a video card but i hope to get one soon...if someone would be kind enough to explain to me what these mean...that's one reason i post on these forums...to learn more about computers

edit:sorry if i should have started a new thread...i asked since it came up here

Lintball said:
I have no idea what you guys are talking about such as aa and af i'm guessing they deal with video cards...i've never owned a video card but i hope to get one soon...if someone would be kind enough to explain to me what these mean...that's one reason i post on these forums...to learn more about computers

edit:sorry if i should have started a new thread...i asked since it came up here

what aa or anti-aliasing does is to smooth out edges and lines in the game. Here is a basic example of anti aliasing. Look how much smoother the circle on the bottom left looks
GO HERE

But if you want more in depth information you can just do a search on yahoo, google, or do a tech-forums search

I heard the 2nd patch causes loading time to slow down, and no noticeable performance gain; mine personally loads pretty quick now so i'm not gonna install the 2nd patch for now...

i reckon u cant run this game properly unles u have 2 pcie gfx cards. rather than the one as this game is so bloody demanding

he does have a very high-end card though.

many of us can only sit in awe of such cards...

diesel2005 said:
i reckon u cant run this game properly unles u have 2 pcie gfx cards. rather than the one as this game is so bloody demanding

Why would you say that? I have a 6800gt, run high settings, 2xaa, 1280x960, and I get a very solid framerate, you definitly don't need 2 cards to run this game well

However I do switch it to med texture and 1024x768 when playing in a 64 plyer server just for headroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom