go away, damn you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
i have a trial version of alcohol 120% which expired, and so i dl'd another version. when i try to uninstall, it says that there is a previous version which needs to be uninstalled first. when it tries this, i always gets so far, fails, and then roll back again. i cannot get rid of it in safe mode either.

i tried to get rid of it before by using add/remove programs, and that failed, so i deleted the program files and registry entries in a desparate attempt to rid myself of the annoying and empty virtual drive. the drive is still there.

is this the reason that i cannot get rid of it? if so, what can i do. surely there must be a way!

yea deleted all registr items, and it is no longer in add/remove progs. it is really strange. i just cant seem to get rid of it. can you get any software that forces stuff to be uninstalled, whether it can find/acces files on not?

uninstall it in device manager. make sure you know the name of the drive and delete all references to it from the registry

for instance, I use to use Pinnaacle's instant cd/dvd (which included instant copy).
on their web forum everybody wanted to know how to delete the virtual drive.
I figured it out. the drive was named vobid (VOB Instant Drive. Vob owned the company before pinnacle bought it out). this is why the drive was still there when people delete all reference to instant cd/dvd from the registry.

I uninstalled the drive from device manager (all of your uninstall tactics won't work if you don't do this first), then I deleted all references to vobid. I post this to the forum. after that the tech support use that info, whenever people wanted to know how to delete that drive

yea, i tried that. whenever i uninstall the virtual drive, and reboot, it comes back.

delete the refference in the regstry for the drive. HKLM\System\CurrentControlset\
search there and you should find the reference values for the device. You can remove them there. Also, look in the com registration to see if there is a COM connection being used for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom