AMD Athlon 3000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arumuni

In Runtime
Well. U know that post i made about me getting a new computer. Well. The plan kinda backfired as i found many mistakes i made,(like over paying 125 Can for the card :mad: ). So , i scrapped it. I so far only bought the 1gb Corsair value select so far. :confused: Might be another week or so before i finally complete the computer (assuming i instal all the part correctly without destroying the hardware).

Anyways. My question is referring to the 3000+. AS u know, I decided to go with the 3000+ because i understood that the differenc between this and the 3200+ is only 200mhz, and the price is $90.00 Can. more. So, now i wanna know, I can get a regular s939 3000+, or i can get the "Venice" one, for aroun 13.00 Can. more. Suggestions? Is it worth 13.00 more? :rolleyes:

What is the difference between the two? What benefits can i get by getting the Venice that i cannot with the standard?

Oki. I see. Basically it is over clocking compatible. But, if i over clock, will that basically shorten the life of the CPU?

yes of course it will get proper cooling as if u dont u can end up in a whole heap of mess like burned out cpu, faulty mobo which the waranty wont cover etc. VENICE and san dieago are best for oc, but i got winchester as i not botherd about oc well im not now.

Oki. I see. Basically it is over clocking compatible. But, if i over clock, will that basically shorten the life of the CPU?
Yes it will, but a CPU has a lifespan of a couple million hours, overclocking might slice off a couple thousand from that

Get the Venice...man will be worth it...OC's nice... get LN2 on there, i've seen them get up around 3GHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom