Asus A8n-SLi + Zalman ZM80D-HP and ZM-OP1 VGA Heatsink and Fan BUNDLE Compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithaaron

Solid State Member
Ok I am rather new and thought that these help forums where some of the busiest around anyhow.

My problem is, is that I have just purchased a "Zalman ZM80D-HP and ZM-OP1 VGA Heatsink and Fan BUNDLE" and am having thoughts about future issues.

I brought the Zalman set for my 128Mb Aopen Aeolus PCI-E 6600GT DVI/TV-Out to make it basically silent (fan runs very quite as I have herd), anyway my problem is, is that I plan on buying another Aopen Aeolus for a Sli setup on my Asus A8N-SLi (Standard) Motherboard.

But will the 2 cards when installed and installed with the Zalman ZM80D-HP and ZM-OP1 VGA Heatsink and Fan BUNDLE on top of them clash inside the case? As I am assuming that the fans will clash with each other because of the close proximity?

Or will 1 fan on 1 graphics card be sufficient to cool a dual (Sli) setup as I have only got a 80mm fan on the front of my case and a 92mm fan on the rear (case Asus TA-210)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

It looks like the Zalman cooler is pretty big!
I don't have any experiance with an SLI board, but it looks like the VGA cooler will take up most of the space between the two cards. That wont leave you with much room for two fans.

It is my opinion that if you run an SLI set up with the VGA coolers, you should find the "hottest" card and use the fan on it. That way you'll get maximum cooling on the one card and as a side-effect the air movement will aslo carry some of the heat away from your other card.

Or, you could get really creative and mount a 120mm fan on the side of the case to blow on both cards. If you're worried about noise, put a rheostat on it so you can control the speed/noise level of the fan. :)

One other option is to try just the VGA coolers without any fans. This might not work well considering you only have two fans on your computer case, but it might be worth a shot. It's my opinion that you need more case fans anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom