Slow boot @ Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuBrEy Online

In Runtime
My computer really boots fast however once WinXP Pro (or Home) boot everything thing loads up then nothing happens for like 30/60 seconds then my internet connection thing comes on along with some other tools .... my comp is in good shape, the mobo is a MSI K8N Neo4 with the drivers loaded .... it's not the apps that load up too, does the same with others!

It could be a sign of an aging OS. Windows, over time, will become kind of bloated. It will get more and more registry entries over time, slowing bootup times and general performance.

To help the effects of aging on an OS, try the following:

-Make sure you defrag your hard drive at least once a week.
-Uninstall programs that you dont use anymore.
-Scan frequently with updated virus scanners and spyware scanners

Also, I recommend reinstalling Windows at least once a year. Although there are registry fixers out there that should help to clean up the registry, I still like the idea of starting fresh every once in a while.

download Microsoft's Bootvis program install it and run it according to online instructions to reach a quicker boot. it does great wonders for me as it reduced 30-something seconds of booting to less than 15

also, runing a checkdisk once in a while will help with getting your machine's boot time back up...
Hope you find a solution for you.
Good luck

check your msconfig to make sure you dont have too much happening when it stats to load up. Might just be that it is looking for something that isnt there or starting up a spyware or other program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom