Different type of amd

Status
Not open for further replies.
babyblue10 said:
i guess it should briefly help me a bit knowing some amd processor. Anyway, Gameguru i don had any budget limit. However please don suggest too costly processor :/. All i wanted is that proccesor can last me for around 3-4 years.

In that case, a socket 939 San Diego 3700+ should do wonderfully.

ive got a 3700 san diego and i havent regreted paying the few hundred extra. overclocks like a dream and runs cool. if you do have the money you should get it.

majistic said:
I have a 64 2800+. I'm gonna upgrade to a 3200+ Venice. Perhaps, 64 3700+ depending on my budget at the time.
if you have the 2800+ and want to upgrade to a Venice, you'll need a new motherboard. the 2800+ is a socket 754, while the Venices are socket 939

GameGURU said:
In that case, a socket 939 San Diego 3700+ should do wonderfully.

That mean if i bought it , do i still need or can overcloacking it? I read the tread multiply time and still don quite understand it :|.

All i wanted is that proccesor can last me for around 3-4 years.
If your budget really is no limit the only option is a multicore processors, threads will go multithreaded over the timespan you listed and you'll start to see real performance differences between single and multicore processors.

I personnally forget to ask one more question for my friend, will amd atlon 64 tends to get hot easily compare to p4? Is it true that amd atlon 64 will be cooler than those p4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom