Speedfan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. I've only had this new CPU for 10 days, and it's an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64. I would have thought it would do an excellent job of cooling everything. Are my temperatures really THAT bad that I need to be thinking of getting more cooling for my case? Here's what they are right now - the computer has been on around 3 hours and has been used for Photoshop and some web surfing:-

Temp 1: 41c
Temp 2: 33c
Local: 32c
Remote: 21c
HD0: 41c

Mines are atm after being on for 2 days:

Temp 1: 35C
Temp 2: 46C
HD: 31C

I do have 3 other fans aswell as my heatsink, so that helps keep it down!

SamBarry said:
Mines are atm after being on for 2 days:

Temp 1: 35C
Temp 2: 46C
HD: 31C

I do have 3 other fans aswell as my heatsink, so that helps keep it down!

You're in the UK too, so I'm presuming it's been incredibly hot where you are for the majority of the week. I was thinking that was possibly the cause of my perhaps slightly high temps, but maybe it's a case of me needing more cooling. I never tried Speedfan with my old PSU and CPU fan in, so I don't know how my temperatures compare now with then. If they're higher then that would suck, although could a PSU upgrade(from 300 watts to 450) and a new 6600GT graphics card possibly account for that?

In my case is a CPU fan, a case fan and a fan on my 6600GT card. Sorry if this is a silly question, but do harddrives have fans too? Judging by my temps posted here what do you think I should do to cool a little more? Another fan? What size and speed? Where will it go?

Just one more question for you Speedfan users:-

My case is really quiet today, and I attribute it to moving my soundcard down a couple of slots away from my graphics card(was almost touching it in the below slot before) and also moving some of the cables slightly to improve airflow.

Just wanna check something though, all I have used Speedfan for is monitoring the temps, I haven't changed any settings or configured it etc. When you install it, does it by default alter your fan speeds in relation to your temps? I'm pretty sure my case is quieter as a result of my work inside it(the case) yesterday but I just wanna make sure. Haven't really got into Speedfan yet so don't know what all the checkmarks are etc. Just wanna put my mind at rest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom