My new computer! !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaara said:
Cancel the Asus, trust me, you don't want to be stuck with it. Asus is near the same level as other brands such as foxconn and chaintech, just with a higher price tag.
You should really qualify that opinion to AMD boards only. I know this is for an AMD build but...

Most of the extreme Intel OC'ers uses Asus boards....

MSI K8T Neo2-FIR VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394, SATA RAID $137

------------------------------------------------------

Is this the board you were talking about? Are you sure its better than the A8X-E Deluxe? What the heck is "SLI", and if this board has integrated audio, then do i need the Sound card i pointed out? I plan on buying a Logitech x530 too.

You should really qualify that opinion to AMD boards only. I know this is for an AMD build but...

Most of the extreme Intel OC'ers uses Asus boards....
Yeah, but their tech support is still enough to deter me from buying one.

Arumuni - Most of the boards you've listed above are AGP, including the Neo2. I don't see why you're limiting yourself to those since there are numerous online retailers such as ncix and mocc that have good selection at good prices. If you wanted more locally, Canada computers has a shop in Mississauga

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13825&vpn=LANPARTY-UT-NF4-ULTRA-D&manufacture=DFI

I cannot stress enough how pleased you will be with this board, it's worth every penny. Either way, the nforce 4 is a way better chip than the Via.

no, arumuni is buying off those really, really crappy sites that make computers for you, so he has a limited choice, all of which are crappy parts (well...except for the abit 3rd-eye)

2.) the msi neo4 is meh....the DFI is much better (who gives a crap about the onboard creative sound? i'm happy with my onboard DFI sound and if i was to actually want decent sound on my computer, i wouldn't go for creative anyways)

oh btw, setting up the corsair value ram is a pain in the ass with the DFI board..i dunno if it still is though

I don't see why people don't realize that you can buy your parts and take them to your local computer shop where they'll assemble them for you for a small fee. Hell that's how I make my living

OMFG you do that for money? Dammit, I wish I could. Building computers is fun. Sometimes I take apart my old P3 based celeron and rebuild it when i'm bored. Sucks because i've already memorized where all the jumpers are (thats the best part).

is the 3000+ you're getting a Venice core?
if so, you can easily just overclock it well past the 3200+ speeds, even on stock cooling

SLI means getting 2 video cards (only Nvidia PCI-E ones) and running them together to render the one screen. it ends up being faster.

and yes, definately cancel the Audigy 2 unless you have 7.1 speakers (which you most likely don't)
the onboard sound is still really good.

go for the MSI motherboard. it gives great overclocks, and is a far better board than the Asus

A8V-E SE

I had plenty of trouble with this board. It couldn't run my 2 sata disk in raid. Crashes of games, crashes of Windoze, it even made Linux crash.

I got enough of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom