Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose the picture war is getting very old indeed. Has anyone confirmed that Beta One is going to be downloadable by the public or only for MSDN users?

furtivefelon I can't agree with you more it has been delayed so many times and promises so many new features. But don't you relise any new OS is going to be hyped even UNIX and Linux? The point is though that this will be greater than XP. Right now the only OS's currently out there are XP and Server 2003 with 2k discontinued a month ago. Longhorn is the best OS out there as of now. It's overhyped as any new OS is. But to make you happy an unhyped feature is Microsofts new HD moniter features.

I agree Warez this should be renamed to the official longhorn thread and stickied.

It will NOT be legelly open to the public ......
..... MS like money, so they can like waste it

So what version will be the best to download? Tyler? ... does you L/Horn run stable?

Well you just said it will not be public but I suppose the latest MSDN verson is the most stable so I would say Beta 1 which will be released the 27th of this month. Yes some conplain you need a batch file to make it stable but I never had any problems with it (exluding the early 4000 series).

mmm.. just wondering, what does this hard drive monitor tool holds that's new (meaning not yet available in any third party software..)?

btw, your right, no one has even notice that feature yet.. i wonder... : http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=longhorn+++"hard+drive+monitor"&btnG=Search

i just think that from the current promises, you can do everything that's available in longhorn with XP right now (agreeably with some efforts to hunt down softwares..), as one of the most important distinguishing feature would be it's new partition type.. but guess that has metamorphed into something as elusive as "future download"..

You misundestood me I'm not sure on it myself it is not am moniter it is a feature concerning HD moniters. And do WinFS is not a future download there are many versons of longhorn. The "premium verson" (odd name yes) will contian WinFS and other features that were not included in the 2006 verson ultra comes out in 2007. There is Longhorn Starter Edition, Longhorn Home Edition, Longhorn Media Center Edition , Longhorn Professional Edition, Longhorn Small Business Edition, Longhorn Mobility/Tablet PC Edition, Longhorn Premium Edition. Premium contains all the benefets of all versons.

Longhorn encrypts better than XP, it includes OneCare (antivirus antispyware). And it loads applications 15% faster than XP, can third party software do that!!!

third party software can certainly speed things up considerably :p i don't know the details, as i have never explored them before (it's pretty snappy on my desktop system, so i'm never worried :D), i'm pretty sure when you use a computer that can run longhorn (which has pretty high specs), you will get snappy performance, so no point in launching any faster (it's not discernable after a point..)

i'm not really sure what do you mean by encryption? you mean out going packets and stuff?

well, considering how well windows does it's OS, i would trust it to provide a antivirus/antispyware software (granted, third party software has holes as well, but it's not ubiquitous, and when most computer has the same software, i'm especially vulunerable... that's why i switched to freebsd :p)..

wow, longhorn is following in the footsteps of linux.. providing more and more "variety", or basically versions that contains progressively less software..

have you ever used this "HD moniter"? is it good? if so, how?

Why is everyone saying HD moniter are you talking about the pictues that some people posted. You don't have a choice and it's built in. Yes it's good and I like it.

yea its a gay name but who care i would like to be a member for microsoft just to get info and maybe free beta software only problem i dont have a income to pay 500 100 whateverr.

I'll give you all my little hint about MSDN. I would suggest you all buy MSDN Pro. I think it's 899 USD. But with institution, state, and other tax reductions you can get it for 400 USD....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom