Memory issue and AV prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

neversleeps

In Runtime
First problem

i installed b|aze media pro a while back and i every time i try to open the video editor i get an out of memory error and it closes. i have 768MB of DDR installed and a page file that can go to 1.5 gigs altho ive never seen it go above 300MB's any ideas? i would think thats all the memory it would need and then some.

second problem

I recently got rid N0rton AV 2003 pro to go to N0D32. ever since i did that when shutting down it sits on the wind0ws is shutting down screen about 15 times longer than it used to with no drive activity then massive drive activity then it shuts down? also i disabled scan boot sectors on shutdown thinkin thats what was making it take so long, it still does it.

also when i run a virus scan on nod it it scans the memory and MBR and boot sectors first except mine scans the memory fine but errors everytime it tries to scan the MBR and boot sectors. also any ideas?
and errors everytime it tries to scan the page file because its in use
well duh, its in use its gonna b in use when ever my computer is running so how does nod expect it to scan it???
i use foobar2k3 also and since i installed nod it takes about 10 times longer to start up, it runs fine when it does but y is it doin this??
also running win xp home sp 1 about to go to linux, well dual boot, micro$oft has been making me very mad lately

thx
best regards
neversleeps

of course i uninstalled norton first
i couldnt think of nething conflicting. i have zonealarm pro installed and messengers are the only other thing that start up with it.
no i cant restore back to before i installed nod32
and what is a packed register?
and yes nod is the full version, 2.0 in fact

update
i kinda figured it was nod doing all this since it all started when i installed so i got tired of the shit and its gone now. so thats fixed but still having the memory/blaze problem and am still wondering what a packed register is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom