MotherBoard 4x/8x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mclaren

Beta member
Hi, I have a dell Dim 2400 and i want to upgrade my vid card to an x800pro agp 8x but i dont know if my motherboard supports 8x, Does it?

well just look in your bios and it should tell you, or call dell. but im pretty sure you got an 8x agp, but yea upgrading to a x800pro will kick a$$ because those cards move a good amount of bandwidth

O my bad man its a Dell Dim 4400 and i went to bios but i didnt find the motherboard. And the slot for the vid card is like u know all those enthernet card and sound etc. well those slots r like im the same space but the vid card slot is moved back and i dont know if ithe x800 can fit.

The x800 WILL fit, but You need a new power supply. Buy a new dell power supply from PC whats its name.

Your mobo has an AGP slot, but it is only a 4x.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4400/specs.htm#1101572

An x800 would work in it, provided you could up the juice (which means a new DELL power supply... proprietary parts, ya know), but it couldn't work at full speed.

You'd be better off getting an older card, either one that is 4x, or an 8x that doesn't cost so much. You'll be wasting your money otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom