My new computer! !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arumuni

In Runtime
Alright. Well. I made a decision. Lets for the love of god hope its the right one. :angry: Anyways. I went to the place, and well, they have to order the parts in, so i wont get it until Wednesday ( :mad: x1,000). Anyways. In order to get a PCIE card,...which cost more than the original AGP 6800GT, i needed to chip in 90 bucks more. :angry: And to even it out, i needed to "degrade" my processor. I originally wanted a 3200+, but then the guy said that i can even it out by switching to the 3000+, and save around 90 bucks without sacrificing performance, 200mhz isnt noticible, and for 90 bucks, it aint worth it, i agreed. So without further adue (sp?) , here it is. Or, here is what it will eventually be. Please rate and comment it if you can.
------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD Athlon s939 3000+

WD SE 80gb w/8mb cache

Corsair Value Select 1 gb RAM (2x512)

256-P2-N376-AX GF FX6800GT PCI-EXPRESS SLI 256MB 256BIT DDR3 TV-Out 2DVI

ASUS A8V-E Deluxe

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS OEM

------------------------------------------------------------------

I would switch the AV8 as it's the buggiest board out there and Asus has horrible tech support if something should happen, which it probably will. Get the DFI nF4-D board instead.

And this belongs in PC building

Cancel the Asus, trust me, you don't want to be stuck with it. Asus is near the same level as other brands such as foxconn and chaintech, just with a higher price tag.

I would get the MSI neo-4 SLI (non platinum. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PLAT AND NON PLAT?) . It haas the creative sound onboard, and is also SLI, and finally is only 140 dollars. Pretty good deal. As Garra said, cancel the ASUS. And also cancel the sound card.

nutin wrong with chaintech or foxconn :)

you just want the same cc mobo as does everyone else on this forum

You have to remember that its Canadian dollars, so 140 US is quite different, maybe......190 Can.

Alright. Since i dont want my computer to die because of the motherboard, i guess i might switch then. However. R u guys SURE that this board isnt good? :(

Alright. here are the other mobos i can get...

=========================================
ABIT AV8 VIA K8T800+8237 w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394 $159

ABIT AV8-3rd Eye VIA K8T800+8237 w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394 $171

Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 nF4 4X MCPs PCI-E, Audio, GB LAN, SATA, IEEE 1394 $149

Gigabyte GA-K8NS 939 nF3 w/ Audio, GB LAN, SATA $121

Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra939 nF3 w/ Audio, LAN, IEEE 1394 $157

MSI K8T Neo2-FIR VIA K8T800Pro w/ GB LAN, IEEE 1394, SATA RAID $137
=========================================

Dont recommend some other mobo thats not on the list please. These are my only other options. Keep in mind that the board has to support PCI-Express. Suggestions pleasE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom