Question about lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I'm thinking of getting 5 UV blue case fans and some UV light because I think it looks sweet. My question is how far do the UV cathode tubes illuminate? It's kinda hard to explain, but do they have to be placed close to the UV fans, or do they reach throughout the case?

It will reach through-out the case, but you can't see it reahing that far as it is above light we can see.

Cool deal. Thanks for the response. The reason I ask is because I'm considering getting the following setup and am not sure how many UV lights to get.

Case
Fans - 5 of these
Wire sleeves
UV lights

I think that would all look pretty sweet, but I don't know if I should get one or two packages of those lights. What do you think?

Be warned, cold cathode inverters are known to cause fires. I don't know who frequently that occurs or if it's just with certain brands but it is a risk that is associated with cold cathodes

gaara said:
Be warned, cold cathode inverters are known to cause fires. I don't know who frequently that occurs or if it's just with certain brands but it is a risk that is associated with cold cathodes

So would you recommend scratching the whole UV idea and just getting LED fans instead?

I have both LED fans, UV Fans, UV Cathodes, and LED Cathodes.

No problems, all work great. Regular Cathodes suck compared to the UV ones. Make sure the cables in your case are UV reactive.

Dont worry about the cathode thing, I was skeptical at first, but then said screw and got 2 blue cathodes. No problems watsoever.

I only once saw my case go above 31, theres no way you'll have a case near 40. Thats insane, if you do, you need to look at your airflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom