Msi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what you mean by "easy to burn", but the ultra-d is the better board in every single way

Yeah, by easy to burn means cant handle much voltage, doesnt like it much, easy to fry, but thats what I have been hearing to just go with Ultra-D.

It is my opinion that the MSI board is a Quality product. I have had mine for about 5 months now.
I did have a few problems setting up the RAID array, but that is all my fault.
The only "bad" thing about the board is the placement of the fan on the motherboard. It's a little too close to the PCI-e slot and just barely clears my video card.
The good things about the board are: plenty of BIOS options, plenty of USB ports, can handle 8 SATA hard drives, two on board LAN chipsets.....I could go on, but i think you get my point.

Overall, this has to be the best mobo i have ever had. (i've only owned three.) But it seems like everyone here loves the DFI Ultra board. The actual reason for this, i'm not sure.....:)

The only reason everyone loves DFI so much is for their overclocking capabilities. Other then that, it's a board like any other. But, if you wanna OC, go DFI... It's just that simple.

The DFI driver CD sucks.... Extremely laggy. MSI's might be better. Also, the DFI has that annoying DFI start screen. Might just be my bios though. Finaly, the DFI's face plate configuration made me take 10 minutes to rip of my case face plate In order to put DFi's face plate on. Also, the USB drives are kinda hard to remove. I don't know about MSI, but considering those are the only gripes I have, the DFI is a quality board. (They also gave me those awesome sheathed IDE cables. Perfect since I bought an IDE drive)

Also another thing you might want to consider. If you want to get TCCD, then the MSI is good and doesn't have a confusing bios(at least I think it doesn't). If you want to get Winbound chips though, then your only choice between MSI and DFI is the DFI.(You can get the OCZ booster though.)

Not sure why everyone here is obsessed with the DFI...(in other threads at least)

They've never even explained what makes it a good overclocking board.:(

My opinion is the MSI, for a number of reasons. On Tom's Hardware they did a comparison (extremely detailed and well done comparison) of the DFI, MSI, Abit fatal1ty and many other 939 PCI-E boards. The MSI and Abit took the lead. Since price was not a very big consideration in that test Abit was able to rank with the MSI. (the Abit is a really overpriced board)

You can look at all of the various benchmarks they did, and read the conclusion, they clearly show that the MSI is better. And Tom's Hardware is probably one of, if not the, most reliable benchmarking/hardware guide website around.

And....that's my opinion: Get the MSI.

EDIT: lol, forgot to put the link to Tom's Hardware board comparison....click here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom