Windows XP Startup Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I have the Drivers, Utilities and Applications disc though. I inserted that and I installed the Drivers it looked like but nothing really happened.

The Other Devices that have the ! on it are...
Ethernet Controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
PCI Simple Communications Controller
SM Bus Controller

And from my above post, The Router Disk doesnt seem to work right with the connections and such.

And also, These disc's I am using are from my Dad's Laptop, He has a Dell and Windows XP Also - And in my computer are the default Dell Drivers and such.

Okay the Ethernet Controller is the one you need for the internet. Thats why you cant connect ot the router.
Multimedia Audio is your sound card.
PCI Simple Communications Controller is your modem.
Okay try to go to Dell webite and search for you computer. If you cant find it find your service tag (Usually on the back) put that is and go to downloads and get the drivers that are most current and install them. I know you dont have any connection to that computer right now but use a floppy or burn them to a CD (my suggestion in case this ever happens again) so you can load them onto your desktop.

Okay, Thanks alot

But I don't know what to search for
I see this,
Broadcom NetXreme Gigabit Ethernet Controller Network Interface Card Drivers for Netware

See the Broadcom, I don't know what that is and what I have and what im supposed to be looking for.

There's also a 3Com 3c90x
I don't know which one.

Thanks,

-gfX

As for My Dell I have the Broadcom. What Dell do you have? I might be able to find out for you.

Dude, Honestly I really dont know - My friend said he thinks you can tell by the model number on the left side, I have that if you need it

Otherwise it just says Dell, Dimension 4550

Okay give me a minute let me see if i can find some info about it.

All right, Awesome

I'm downloading them right now. By the way the second link you posted is broke.

Thats the most important one lol

Im looking into it right now. Have one for you in a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom