Two slot video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

neocamp22

Baseband Member
What does a two slot video card mean? Is the geforce 6800 two slot or one slot? I heard something about the kandalf case not able to take two slot video cards.

A two slot video card is one that takes up the Graphics port and a PCI port next to it to power the fan.

It depends on which make of 6800 you get. Just wait until the 7800GT comes out. Its going to be a single slot and have at least 1.4x the performance of the 6800GT.

6800 ultra i know is two slot, and i also have the kandalf case.

Basically, it doesn't fit at first, but it's pretty simple to get it in. All you have to do is unscrew the plastic PCI slot clips that are on the case, fit the card in, then screw the PCI clips in and clip it in. Takes maybe 3 more minutes to do than it would without having to do that step.

Video cards usualy take one slot but if the heatsink on it is big enough it takes two slots. And i have NEVER seen a card that can be used on PCI and AGP with PCI being the one to power the fan. That is why the AGP card takes power from the AGP slot or a cable thats plugged into it if its required.

charles_scott said:
Video cards usualy take one slot but if the heatsink on it is big enough it takes two slots. And i have NEVER seen a card that can be used on PCI and AGP with PCI being the one to power the fan. That is why the AGP card takes power from the AGP slot or a cable thats plugged into it if its required.
I had a PCI FX5200 and it had a fan powered by the video card.

Most cards do unless its the newer ones, but he was talking about a card that used AGP and also a PCI slot with the PCI slot powering the fan.

very few take up 2 slots i.e xt850pt or something u all know what i mean the ati card and some 6800gt's and the ultras ull notice it if u see it its HUGE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom