pentium M mo/bo support??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkShdw88

In Runtime
i am curious to know if a pentium m (socket 478) is able to fit and run in a Asus P4S800-MX.. I have heard of people putting laptop pentiums in these motherboards but im not convinced. Is this possible (does the laptop pentiums fit in a socket 478?) and if so what is the lowest and highest laptop pentium m that can fit in this board? thanx, stuart

Nope. Pentium M is not compatible with that motherboard. It supports ONLY a P4 Prescott and Celeron D.

But why would you want to put a Pentium M in that ASUS board? Might as well nab a P4, the Pentium M's aren't worth much of a crap outside of a laptop, even IN a laptop they arent super.

hikaricloud said:
Nope. Pentium M is not compatible with that motherboard. It supports ONLY a P4 Prescott and Celeron D.

But why would you want to put a Pentium M in that ASUS board? Might as well nab a P4, the Pentium M's aren't worth much of a crap outside of a laptop, even IN a laptop they arent super.
LOL dude, you need to do a little more reading.

I am not sure if that is the board that works or not, but ASUS has an adapter that works on some of their boards for the P-M.

Here are some boards that support the P-M:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ce=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=280&Submit=Property

DFI and I think MSI? has motherboards that have native support for the Pentium M. But the Asus one is your best bet.

Asus only has the adapter, which only works with certain mobos. The only boards with native support for the P-M are the DFI and AOpen ones I linked to, as far as I know anyways.

From reading over at xtremesystems, both are pretty good boards, but overall I think the DFI one is more popular. I guess it just has a ton of OC options.

Edit: Here is a good resource if you are interested in the Asus adapter. List compatible mobos and much more:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62366

thanks yeah i don't think this board is supported, it is a very basic (cheap sis chipset mo/bo) and i've heard people referring to this to put pentium m's in but i probably misread it or they modded it somehow (dont no how but anythings possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom