Whoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuBrEy Online

In Runtime
All I wanted to know is why you can compare an AMD 64 3000+ to a 3.2, 3.6GHz P4 even though the clock speed is at 1.8, 2.4!

.... and the FSB is only 200 whild Intel is 800 FSB!

Why with the FSB?

An AMD 3000+ can be compared to an Intel Pentium 3GHz. It runs at a slower clock speed because it's more efficient.

First off, reading a 2.4 as a 3.6, from personal experience, is bad news. Lately it seems to default like that. I would go change that in the bios. Second, an AMD64 Athlon 3000+ outperforms an ACTUAL P4 3.0ghz (not an oddly overclocked one), while the 3200+ outperforms a P4 3.2ghz. Course, it's hard to compare the two, the are both essential for different purposes, AMD being mainly for gaming, while Intel being an all-around processor.

Even though I personally prefer AMD. :p

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=62703

Dude, you just posted this yesterday and it was answered. To summarize what is in that thread.

AMD has more IPC than Intel therefore one clock cycle on an AMD can process more instructions than an Intel clock cycle. AMD uses a hypertransport bus rather than a Front side bus since the memory controller is intergrated into the chip itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom