Should I get a Celeron for gaming??

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3incorp

In Runtime
For gaming, go with the fastest P4 or Anthlon that you can afford. Remember the Celeron is for budget machines.

well, i definately wouldnt get a celeron
i would go P4 or athlon
personally i would take an athlon

well thats a fact !
but the celerons r not that hot as per as the games r cocerned
i u can get atleast P111 993 mhz that would be better performer

you would be screwing yourself by getting a celeron or duron. if you do get it you will realize you did not really get a good deal after using it awhile.

Not really. If you want buy a nice celly with a high clock speed. which doesn't really mean a danm thing. but make sure it has 478pins(or the number closest to that) so you can upgrade to the p4 northwood core. Cellys are dirt cheap so wont cost you much. But its not bad, have a 2.4ghz celly in other comp however since its crappy 400fsb 128k cache its not great for gaming but can do a little

Go Althon and to let u know a 1.4 won't help you in the future games like doom3 and half life 2 will require much more.

Lord Maly said:
well i have a budget, lol..... but could i possibly upgrade that later on in life to like a p4?

you can, but i believe celeron and pentium 4 processors have different sockets. that means, if you want to upgrade your processor to a p4, you'll have to upgrade your motherboard as well. in the long run, it will save you money to just go ahead with a p4, or like what others mentioned, athlons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom