Windows XP Startup Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay i see that you said when Windows was installing you had a bunch of errors. Now did you install some new hardware recently? How old is this computer? If you installed some new harware and this started to happen it sounds like what happened to me. I had so much stuff running and not enough juice from my power supply. So if thats the case you can get a new power supply and that might fix the problem like it did for me. Now if the computer is old and you havent done anything new with it then i would have to say your hard drive is trying to tell you goodbye cause it is about to kick the bucket.

That's not good, I haven't installed any new hard drives.

Hmm, I don't know what to do this is scaring me. First, I want to know why it said Loading Windows 98, something like that when I restarted my computer.. It was on the black screen with that prompt writing.

Then, I just want to get past this testing stuff and go on my computer.

From the sound of things it isnt good. For the most part when getting errors loading windows means trouble (unless its pirated, but we wont go there). From what i have read, nothing new installed, just got problem, tried to reinstall, error messages on install, and now testing of system cant get to desktop. All i can say is try to reinstall again (i know it stinks) if you get some error messages again then your hard drive has gone bad and you need a new one. Best of Luck to you, Thats really all i can think of.

Thank you I guess I will try that again.
No it isnt pirated also.

But Thanks for all the help and I'll reinstall windows again :(

EDIT: Ah, It actually worked.. I just had to take the Drivers and Utilities disk out. Now im back at my desktop. Let's see if I can get an internet connection now :-\

Nope, Internet isnt working.

So right now my only problem is getting an Internet Connection. There is a computer upstairs in the Attic which has the router and runs all of the computers. That computer is a very very old one, and basically I can't even move the mouse so I can't get to my Network Connections and such to add my computer so I can get connected. ( I'm still on my dad's laptop )

The router is a Dell Truemobile 2300. A neighboor of ours who is real good with computers gave us that router and he drilled holes in our walls and put wiring in there for each room so we can get an internet connection. So therefor I don't know if I can move the router from upstairs to in my room ( The computer that I reformatted ) so I can host all computers from my room. I hope there is a way of doing that without messing any of the connections up, I don't want to fool around with anything.

But still, I need an Internet Connection first, and I don't know what to do. I can't do anything with the upstairs computer that controls the router - So I can't add this connection.

Get back to me,
Thanks ALOT

-gfX

Can you see any of the other computers on your home network. If not you need to run the Network Wizard within windows. Do you have the disk for the Router that might help set it up? Also if its wireless you need to go into your properties for you wireless card in the network connections and make sure that those setting match the one of your wireless router. Try that see if it helps any.

All the other laptops and such connections are working fine. Yes, I'm running the Router disc right now.

And No,The router I believe is not wireless.

Also I tried listening to music with Windows Media Player but It couldnt find my Audio Drivers and such - I'm missing all thse

Aahh

Okay. Start from the top. Do you have any disks fo rhte computer....motherboard, modem, anything at all these will have the driver you need. 2nd, bring up the START menu, right click on the My Computer icon and go to properties. From there go to Devices and click on Device Manager. Any with a little triangle and ! in it are in conflict which means it has no drivers to run them. I am guessing that you sound card and Ethernet adapter are 2 of them. If you are using all onboard (off you motherboard not installed by you) then your Motherboard Disk would have the drivers you need to get all hooked up. See if that helps.

Ok I ran the Router Disc and it says..

"Internet Connectivity Failuer

Setup Wizard was nable to detect the Internet connection. If you have already connected the router to the computer, please disconnect the router. Verify that your cable/DSL modem is directly connected to the computer via Ethernet cable.

Click OK for more information on checking your internet connection"

And I hit OK and it still cant find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom