Building a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSI and DFI are very good overclocking boards. MSI don't have all the goodies and options that DFI has, but the MSI boards are just as solid as DFI boards and less options in the BIOS makes it easier for a begginer like your self. IMO The only thing that really influences my opinion on things like these is that I have never used a DFI board because when i order parts there usualy slightly out of my budget.

I would always go for the cheaper board. If dfi is cheaper go for it. If MSI is, go for that then.

charles_scott said:
MSI and DFI are very good overclocking boards. MSI don't have all the goodies and options that DFI has, but the MSI boards are just as solid as DFI boards and less options in the BIOS makes it easier for a begginer like your self. IMO The only thing that really influences my opinion on things like these is that I have never used a DFI board because when i order parts there usualy slightly out of my budget.

What about when he learns how to conifigure voltages and CAS timings? He will need more options, I have no experience with MSI, but DFI and Abit pretty much kick everything elses ass. So hopefully MSI has alot to offer or your pretty much getting screwed.

I think I'll just take a look at the options for the 2 different cards, and figure out which one's better based on what I'll be doing with the computer.

Well, the only differences in the 2 are these:

DFI nF4-DAGF Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard
CPU Type: Athlon 64 FX/Athlon 64/Sempron
PCI Express x1: 2
$112.31

MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard
CPU Type: Athlon 64 FX/Athlon 64
PCI Express x1: 1
$95.00

Now, I'm not sure how important that extra PCIe is, but I do know that I don't need the Sempron CPU type. So is $17 worth the extra PCIe x1?

Dammit. I just realized neither of those mobos have AGP slots...Any recommendations for PCIe cards for under $200?

Well, I figured the GECUBE GC-RX600XTG-C3 Radeon X600XT 128MB DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card is the best choice here. Think it'll do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom