Building a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, I figured. Different RAM then...CORSAIR XMS 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model CMX512-3200. That should do it. I already have 2 sticks, and my sister should have some extras lying around at her place if I need any more.

lol Sorry, I thought you meant you didn't believe 200-pin RAM existed. I'm kinda new with building your own computer, so cut me some slack. :p Ya, I realize I made a pretty stupid mistake, and that's why I posted this in the first place.

Get a more relieable brand hard drive.
Also I would recomend changing the motherboard to a dfi or asus.

I disagree. I have the "ultra" version of that MSI mobo, and it serves me quite well.

For the motherboard I'll go with the DFI nF4-DAGF Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard. I've read plenty of great reviews for that hard drive, but do you have any recommendations for one with a similar price?

Looks good. I'm not sure what to do about the motherboard now. I'll ask my uncle whether I should go with the MSI or the DFI. The difference is only $17, so it's down to which one performs better.

Well if you're overclocking, go with the DFI. If not, then the MSI will do you just as well, and it has good software support to boot.

Really, if you're not overclocking just go with the cheaper of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom