Holy #@$! it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjlambert

Baseband Member
Just wanted to thank everyone for the advice and chance to read the board. It helped me make some good decisions about what to get for my first build (I think).
Everything seems to be working fine, except two of the case fans, which don't start spinning when I turn on the power. The small side fan works, but the 120mm intake and exhaust fans won't spin unless you give them a bit of a nudge. Could this be because of the on-board control of fans by the PSU or MB, or are the fans just screwy?

Thanks, my specs are below.

K

Maybe you should plug them into the moltex connectors from your power supply. Nice rig btw. Lets see what you can oc to.

I love 120mm fans. Much better than those lousy 80mm ones which tend to make too much noise. Love a quiet pc.

Thanks guys. Yeah, pretty fun.

The fans are all connected. Basically, I'm not gonna worry about it since the CPU is only sitting at around 38 celsius right now. I'll just keep an eye on it.

K

Nah, just the stock AMD one for now, though I haven't really been taxing it yet (just installed WoW today) :)

I might bump up the MHz and see if it will take it.

K

Well now that's the interesting thing, I couldn't tell. I looked all over the packaging, as well as on the AMD website and couldn't find reference to the name assigned to my specific core.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom