Windows XP Startup Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh..

Bad news here, Im into 25 Minutes left into the Installation and it came up with a COM+ Setup Error

It says a bunch of stuff and at the bottom it says

the specified procedure could not be found.
failed to load the library c:\windows\system32\comuid.dll

My friend said it sounds like the Hard Drive is bad, and that error isnt good.

The only thing I can do is hit Ok but what exactly does that mean, is that bad?

-gfX

EDIT: I went ahead and hit Ok, and the installation is still running, 13 Minutes left so we'll see if that error effected anything

Said you were on Mobile so I didnt bother..

Eh right now I'll let the installation run, 9 Minutes left.. and i'll go from there.

Thanks,
-gfX

Is there a guide on how to Reformatt Windows XP? Can I do it from that Disk?

Thanks

-gfX

Ok guys, I reformatted my computer with no problems. Now, I need help with something else. I'm trying to get internet access, and so I found the Drivers and utilitys disk and I isntalled that. But now I need to know what driver to install, My router is a Dell TrueMobile 2300..

Under my Network Drivers it says

Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller Rev: A03
Dell TrueMobile 1300 Internal 802. 11b/gMPCI Rev: A01
Dell TrueMobile 1300 Internal 802. 11b/gMPCI Rev: A06
Dell TrueMobile 1400 Internal Dual-Band WLAN Card Rev: A05

And I don't know which one to install.
Help is needed!

Thanks,
gfX

That would be the CD you need. Just make sure to do windows Update when it is finished with the repair.

I would say that the Broadcom is the drivers needed for the desktop that is what i have in mine. That is for wired access. For wireless I dont know off hand. It depends on if you used a wireless card form Dell or if you installed one yourself.

I just restarted my computer,

At first when it was loading up, I saw it said "Loading Windows 98" or something like that, I was like WTF?

Then, It came up with this testing screen and I have to run all of these different tests or something and I dont know how to get back to my desktop.

Whats going on?

Is it doing like a scan disk test? I never heard of this before. Did you do a fresh install of XP?

Right now its doing like Keyboard and mouse tests, and Color tests, and Disk and Audio tests.

I have NO idea what this is, and yes I did a fresh install of XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom