Windows XP Startup Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
No luck so far, I tryed looking and couldn't find it - His office is a MESS so he's gonna come up with me and help in a few, We will try again.

But say, One of my neighboors still has the Windows XP CD, Would it be ok if I borrowed it from someone and then tryed to do everything you said, Will it still be the same and work - and when I give the disc back everything will be thes ame

Ok guys I think we found it.

It is kind of a Reddish color disc and it says

Operating System
Already installed on your computer

Reinstalltion CD
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Including Service Pack 1a

I hope thats it!

-gfX

Awesome,
Am I just supposed to Reinstall windows and keep all of my stuff, or do I have to re-format. And Can I reformat with that disc anyway?

I dont want to lose all my stuff, I dont have anything backed up right now..
My computer is low on disc space so im looking to reformat once I back my stuff up (which I need to know what to do)

Get back to me on that, if I just Reinstall or Reformat - and I'll follow what you said before.

Though I didnt get ANYTHING at all when you said
"Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order."

Get back to me
Thanks!!

-gfX

All right guys, I did everything Warez said and it seems to be working - Im at the Windows XP installation screen right now and it says the setup will complete in approx. 39 minutes.

Thank you very much for the help, even though I think I lost EVERYTHING - I had to do something. If I have further questions or problems with this I will post back in this topic

THanks all!

-gfX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom