Windows XP Worth Buying?

Know of a good software for large data file recovery?

• Yes! (Plese reply)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Get One ASAP!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
why does everyone make a such a big deal out of pirated version? you think MS with their tens of billions of dollars reserve cash can't track down on all the piraters?! of course they can.. why don't they? because they are doing what all other software company is doing about piraters, let them go on.. as they know alot of piraters just can't afford the software they are using (you think a high school student can afford to install photoshop/premier/acrobat 6.0?!)..

they let them go on because it's actually good for their software.. more people will bother to learn the software if they actually have something to learn it with.. yah alot of them have 30 days trial, but alot of people are busy and need more than 30 days to learn it, and they want to use it..

when more people learn the software, they will promote it, and may be other people will buy it.. media is blowing pirating out of proportion, only music company is squaking all over the place, but software company knows better than to stiffle such a good way to promote their over priced software.. they are making it just on the border of legality so to prevent those who are deciding whether to buy or download to download..

when are they going to crack down? when you manage a 1000+ installation of the software.. they won't sue you, they will come and negotiate a deal with you.. i remember recently on slashdot there was a story where a government (small country) uses pirated version of windows on all their computers, and MS came to them and said, pay me $1 for everyone installation, and i'll give u the real version.. they could sue and win, but why should they when you have a whole country's support for your software?!

and that's why i switched to freeBSD...

Your full of it, Piracy is wrong and people make a living off the profits from those products. You steal their income away. Anyone who supports piracy for one is at an 80% chance to be a pirater himself! So tell me if you support it what pirated software do you have after all it's ok you pirate the software correct you can't afford it.

goony said:
Is it worth buying xp or using a pirated copy that is missing a bunch of files (now that I actually asked the question it ALMOST seems stupid)?

The new pirated copies they have now a days do not miss any files. I have used many of their releases and they are perfectly fine.

I love Microsoft which is why I CHOSE to buy the XP PRO.

It's definately worth buying and I would highly recommend it over any other operating system, especially LINUX.

Re: Re: Windows XP Worth Buying?

Gnitsoh said:
I love Microsoft which is why I CHOSE to buy the XP PRO.

It's definately worth buying and I would highly recommend it over any other operating system, especially LINUX.
Let's not go there.

The point of the matter that is pirated copies can be unreliable, and matters can be worsened if the M$ police show up at your front door.

It's very highly unlikely that the MS police will show up at your front door. There are hundreds of thousands of people using Pirated copies of Microsoft.

That's like saying, if you steal a pencil at school instead of buying your own. The Teacher police will come and get you sooner or later.

It's not going to and yes as a matter of fact the Windows XP release's they have out now are very reliable. You shouldn't say they are not if you haven't even tried and them out.

Im not so hard nosed about piracy as Tyler, lol.

I read that Microsoft is going to sell thier os for $10 in Indonesia because the piracy rate is so high there (>90%) that they wnat to make it easier just to go and buy a copy. Just a interesting fact.

My school just got 25 new computers with XP Home installed on them. Our admin school wide runs Pro so he had to format them. Now, on the stickers on the side of the ocmputer there are 25 Legit Home CD keys. I mentioned that to him and he said: "you want them?", so, lol who wants 25 legit XP Home CD Keys.

they let them go on because it's actually good for their software.

There may be a bit of logic in there. The teenagers who prate the software, will learn how to use it, then grow up and make a business off it. Then they will buy a Legit copy and use it for his business. Because of pirating the person has learned some skills that will help him make a busness and buy a legit copy. If he didnt pirate it, he would not have these skills, he would not go into a business that utilises his skills and he will not buy a legit copy.

So, if i does pirate software: he learns some skills to help him make a carrer for himself, and the software company gets some profit in the end.

If he doesnt pirate software: he learns nothing, no skills, no profit for the software company.

Tyler1989 said:
Your full of it, Piracy is wrong and people make a living off the profits from those products. You steal their income away. Anyone who supports piracy for one is at an 80% chance to be a pirater himself! So tell me if you support it what pirated software do you have after all it's ok you pirate the software correct you can't afford it.

and again, that's why i switched to free everything (almost..).. yes, i did pirate (don't need it anymore..), and i'm damn sure millions of us do.. when do you actually see software companies track down anyone in the news (remember, these kinda of scare story sells papers..)..

If MS or any other software company tracks down to my home, the first thing i will do is to apologize to you, so please report me for all i (or Microsoft) care :D

you must be rich, so i guess you care more about your wealth than i do (afraid of their legal department and such), and may be 600 bucks or 1000 bucks you spend on software may not mean much, but they translate to alot of money to me ;)

This is why I can't open a software business because people will pirate my great idea and software then I am broke. And don't flatter me I am in no way rich (MSDN is a great thing). I'm not gonna call the police but what you just admitted proved my point anyone who defends pirating is a pirater himself. I don't like what they do and I don't understand there reasoning, it's illegal and you are stealing money away from people. If you can't buy it don't use it. Now that P2P networks are begining to track what you download and upload things will get interesting but I'm not here to lecture.

well, it's compartively easy to stop pirating all together :D (btw, your not so smart as you think if you don't try a great business idea, because if you don't do it, someone else will do it, so it's your loss, and yes, they will pirate your software if alot of people use it, and no, they won't while they are at it, they will steal your business, as they don't have the source code, it's comparitively easy to nail an organization than an individual, if you actually created a software people will use, your become millionaires, not going broke, that is, providing you actually make something people use :D).. Just offer something online that you can't get otherwise, and make you identify yourself.. or even better, offer a subscription to something vital to the working of the program, then no one will pirate if the program doesn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom