Ahhh!!! Damn, Thing, Problems!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
So I got the Aqua Xtreme 50Z water pump, and I hoooked it up for the first time today. I wanted to test my loop, let it run over the weekend, and I plugged it in, and nothing. And then I remembered... I was on XS today, and I saw someone talking about there water system, and some had, in parenthesis, (btw my 50z was NOT DOA) and I thought "Oh dammit, mine might be, Hope not" Well, guess what? DOA!!! Must be alot like the XFX cards. They perform extremely well, when they work. Advice anyone? IO obviously have to RMA it, and pay for the friggen shipping :angry: so, what do we think the best pump is BESIDES the 50z? I mean, in that range of pumps. Price, flow, etc...

the new D5 pump....personally I think beween 50z and the D4/D5 pumps that it's personal preference...I know people like Maxxx at XS says the 50z is better, whereas another guy named NickhSub I think it is, says the D4 is just as good if not better and he's also just as reputable.

The D5 is as powerful as the D4's, but is much quieter...that's basically all the new revision includes.

With your RMA I'd suggest you demand reimbursement for your shipping...don't get all cocky and whiney about it, just ask firmly, but somewhat respectfully...most places are willing to reimburse you for the shipping costs.

D5 can be found at dangerden.com

D5 also has pump speed control but that's pretty useless IMO since I'd have it running full anyways. I also think the warranty covers higher overvolting

Yeah, I heard the D5 had a much larger heat pump than the 50Z, so it was really up in the air. And everyone has the D4 or D5, so I wanted something different, you know?

The good thing about this place is it's about 30 minutes from my house, so the pump cost some $3 to ship, hopefully they will cover it. I tried to get Lacie to cover my RMA shipping once, but they wouldnt. God damn conglomorates!

I will look into the D5. Another reason I didnt opt for the D5, was that shipping it was some $10, which is alot if you ask me. I'll look into it, maybe this site I got the 50Z from will have it.

everyone has it because it's good :D Look what trying to be different got ya! A DOA pump!

Yeah, I heard the D5 had a much larger heat pump
Guessing you meant 'dump', but yeah....I know maxxx supposedly did 'heat dump tests' but IMO, you'd need some fairly sensitive equipment to measure the heat of the water before it goes into the pump and after it comes out....I mean that's like a split second in time in which it then gets cooled by the radiator/heatercore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom