The Wisdom Giver defers and needs assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
Yep yep, it's true, I need some help here. Fans are the subject at hand, FANS!

I'm having a very difficult time with fans. I had these two monster ones, but, perhaps due to their age, they dont work right. So I have a heatercore from a 1986 Chevette (half the size of the standard weapon core) and I want an intake and exhaust on that. Suggestions? Need high air flow, but I'm not going to sacrifice comfort for it. I need a good combination of high air flow and low noise. I realize I will have to sacrifice on one, prolly the noise, but I dont want to saccrifice too much.

Quick own hi-jack: on the molex connectors comming from my PSU, are there a 5v and 12v line in them? Take one that you would plug into your HDD, what are the four pins? power rating, and which is ground.

Check the multimeter thread. I think they said yellow is 12 red is 5 and black is ground.

Hacp is right about the wires

Yellow = +12
Black = Ground
Black = Ground
Red = +5

Don't know a great fan suggestion off hand though. I never keep track of 'good fans' personally

Yeah, Hacp was right, and that is where I screwed up. I ahd them on the red wire, wired the same as something else that evidently only needed 5v. So I will have to fix that.

I've never followed fans either, but I decided that if I was going to stick with the smaller core I might want to do my best to get as much air through there as possible. I've found some serious fans, 200+CFM, that are like $50 and 80 some DB. Damn, imagine one of those things on your core? :cool:

My 120mm fans on my heatercore are like 130CFM.....I dont ever run them at full speed though because they get pretty loud themselves..

They aren't some normal brand, nor do I remember where my friend got them, because he got a box of 20 for like $30 and I always forget where he tells me he gets those.

They are 2pin connectors though so they don't fit on your traditional 3 pin without shaving a part off or simply rewiring it...I just took the 10 second route and shaved off a part.

They draw about 10.6watts each and my fan controller is rated for 20w per channel max and I have both on the same channel :p

Panasonic Panaflo and Sanyo Denki both have good airflow to noise ratio, I have both and they both work well, I use the two panaflos for the heatercoe and another two denkis, one front intake and another rear exhaust. You really don't need fans on both sides though since 100+ CFM is strong enough for me to feel the airflow coming out the top of mine.

No, I DO need fans on both side.

The Sanyo Denki's are, for some reason, EXTREMELY rare. There are multiple threads over at XS about people asking other people if they found a dealer for them ornot. You can order them, but you have to order in bulk. The smallest amount I found to buy them was 200+.

Yeah the denkis are the best of the best I'd say, guess I'm lucky I have few at my disposal. Panaflo would probably be your next best choice IMO and I know newegg has them

52 is SUPER low. You would use one of those as just another fn in your case, you should never have that dedicated to cooling a specific part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom