Is this a good mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grifter43

Baseband Member
Is this a good mobo for $76 from newegg?

Brand Foxconn
Model 875A02-6EKRS
Supported CPU
CPU Socket Type Socket 478
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4/Celeron
FSB 800/533MHz
Supported CPU Technologies Hyper-Threading Technology
Chipsets
North Bridge Intel 875P
South Bridge Intel ICH5R
Memory
Number of DDR Slots 4x 184pin DDR
DDR Standard DDR 400 (PC 3200)
Dual Channel Supported Yes
Expansion Slots
AGP Slots 1x AGP 8X/4X
PCI Express x16 None
PCI Slots 5
Storage Devices
PATA 2 x ATA 100 up to 4 Devices
SATA 4 x SATA 150
SATA RAID RAID 0/1
Onboard Audio
Audio Chipset Realtek ALC650
Audio Channels 6 Channels
Onboard LAN
LAN Chipset Realtek 8110S
LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps
Max LAN Speed 10/100/1000Mbps
Rear Panel Ports
PS/2 2
COM 2
LPT 1
USB 4x USB2.0
IEEE1394 1x 1394
Audio Ports 3 jacks
Onboard USB
Onboard USB Connectors 4x USB2.0 (2x headers)
Physical Spec
Form Factor ATX
Dimensions 12.0" x 9.6"
Features
Features Wake on ring, LAN, USB, keyboard & mouse
STR (Suspend-to-RAM); STD (Suspend-to-Disk)
SuperRecovery, SuperBoot, SuperBIOS-Protect, BIOS SuperSpeed, SuperStep, SuperUpdate

I just want something that is reasonable in price and I am not able to use AMD's. The software I use for work is specifically written for the x86 family-I know this for a fact.

Sorry, I should have said the software was written for the Intel X86 family and seems to have an issue with the size of the stack on the AMD's. I don't know if the newer AMD's will be able to handle the software or not.

I would appreciate anyone's opinion or suggestions on this mobo or even an alternate one.

If all your doing is surfing and playing solataire than yea your good to go. It doesnt use VIA chipsets, so it isnt that bad.

HTH

I'd honestly would like an AMD or something high end. If I did go with AMD what would be a decent chip for gaming and mobo as well?

I would suggest a 3200+ Venice core AMD chip. And for the motherboard, I would suggest a DFI LanParty board. This will allow alot of options for you. These can both be bought at www.newegg.com

Thanks, I will look into it. I appreciate all the help, this is my first computer that I am building so I am kind of excited about it. I just wish I had more funds to go all out.

I bought it and works great. Not on the extreme high end spectrum or anything but it has some really nice features and everything about it has been fairly easy. I love NEWEGG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom