Gateway EV-700 Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

young-b

Beta member
Model# 700-069EV, Serial# 17004A664413, Chassis# CA-48, P/N# 7000957 OS Windows 2000
Original problem - Monitor would not wake from sleep mode with mouse activation, self test good. Problem occurred sporatically, sometimes within 1 hour of use, sometimes after 2 -3 days.
Now the monitor has a completely black screen. No self test. Power light comes on green then goes to red after a few minutes. Problem occurs on two different computers. Prelim testing indicates no high voltage to crt. On power up I can hear two "clicks", assumming that to be relays. These monitors have a history of being problem prone, flyback, solder problems ect. I would appreciate any input on the problem I'm experiencing.
Thanks,

how long have you had it? if it came with your PC and you havent had it very long, then it should still be under warranty...

originally i thought that it might have been a driver problem because i had a similar problem with a Sony monitor that i fixed by installing an updated driver...but since this started out as one problem and then got worse, IMO it's something wrong with the monitor itself and not a software type issue...

i'm not the most technical dude in the world, but that's my 2 cents...

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom