6600GT OC or x800XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it really doesnt matter whether or not i get a PCIE or an AGP type right? :confused:

Very interesting. Here is an article i found.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2299

It shows that the x800XL performs on par with the 6800GT. In frame rates. They are very good. The x800XL is a excellent card. So why again am i getting the 6800GT? :eek: I mean, how much of a difference can the Shader Model 3.0 make? And is the difference worth 100 bucks more?

Why get the 6800GT over the 800XL.
Smart Shader 3.0 which is going to be used in quite a few games.
SLI is available and working today yet ATI's is not.

What price are you getting on the 6800GT? and the 800XL?

Well. I found a x800XL PCIE for around 399.99 CAN. I found a BFG 6800GT (dont know whether or not it is AGP or PCIE, called the guy, but forgot what he said.. :eek: ) for 469.99 Can. for its a 70~ difference. Suggestions?

if you absolutely need it now, get the XL, but i would wait for the X900 and the x800's will drop in price.. But out of 6600GT and XL, i would get the ATI, if you don't care much about graphics and want good frame rates

So. Wait. Lets say i were to get the BFG 6800GT. In what time do you think i would need to upgrade if i want to stay with decent graphics? And, in what time do you think that this card will be absolutely useless and not be able to play any games?

Around 2007.

I would imagine 2006 the 6600GT will be the mainstream card developers write for in 2006 fading out in 2007 time.

ATI's next gen R520 will be released in both AGP and PCI-E
Hmmm, the last thing I read was it was going to be PCI-e only :confused:

But also, like for me, I will definately be skipping this current "next gen" phase (ie 7800 and 9xx) but then there is a good chance I will upgrade for the generation after that. There is a real good chance that those cards won't be available in AGP.

But again, in the current cards there is no performance increase with PCI-e over AGP. It is mearly for upgrade options in the future.

I also agree that you can get a good 2 years out of a 6800GT. You might be running games on a little lower settings in a couple years, but it will definately run them.

I mean, how much of a difference can the Shader Model 3.0 make? And is the difference worth 100 bucks more?
It will be even more important if you want the card to last you a couple years as about all new games will be in PS3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom