TF Advanced Section Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is all very intresting, although i dont have many posts i feel that im pretty good with computers BUT i feel i still have alot to learn and this advanced section would help us all. i hav to agree with dumdum that your amount of posts shouldn't effect your entry into the advanced section, i do agree that there should be a entry quiz that is long enough to discorage flamers and spammers. i also agree with the idea of seperate ati/nividia ect... sections so that silly arguments dont arise, but hopefully we are all mature enough to handle such diferences
on a lighter note... w00t this 'll be awsome!:p

Trotter said:
Give it time. Things like this don't spring up overnight.

PMing Larry and DMo only makes them waste time messing with replies. Give 'em a break.

You are right, they dont spring up overnight. However, I first PMed Larry and made this post a month ago, so it has been in fact 30 nights. :p

Hate to be a cliche, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease, man.

*** its coming ***

:)

hang tight

open for discussion --- what or how should the "forum categories" be listed, laid out, divided, etc. etc.

if you would like:
list the title of the forum section and WHY it should be a forum

Thanks

No tis only a matter of time. The countdown, has begun. :p

Gaara listed a nice easy way of organizing it a little bit earlier in the thread. I'm going ot write up a nice layout.

Suggestion?

Hey All. I'm new to the forum and was browsing and stumbled upon this little gem.

I'm not sure if suggestions are still being taken or not, but while readinf I had a thought. Would it be at all possible to have two ways of access (much like the differing application acces ie. read/write, read-only, etc) One way of access would be to read only. I figured, for people like me who are not advanced but know certain things and are certainly willing to learn (I plan on making this a career and I am studying in college right now) The read/write could be where the quiz comes in. Those who want to post would have to be "initiated' in. This would stop those who wish to spam and flame from doing so but allow those who want to read up more on the topics presented in the forum to do so.

Just a thought. :D

That is a good idea. That is what we were figuring out, but that would be a way of granting access. You could make another group, and call it 1337 or something like that, and only give it access to that. But then back to the original question, how would we decide who would belong to that group? That is where we have to start thinking about the quiz or soemthing like. but Amante, that was a good idea.

**This is not an idea to berrate people who are new, or to think we are better than you. This is just an idea so we dont have people who dont know what they are talking about comming in and asking benign questions, or ones that can be answered elsewhere. Please, no one take offense to this idea**

waynejkruse10 said:
what about people who have knowledge but dont have the money to apply it?

What does money have to do with anything? It's not going to cost money, it's a topic in this forum. You are not going to NEED to have these things, but if you have a decent knowledge of. NOt beautifulpeople.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom