Easy and fast way to transfer 1GB files

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzfan

In Runtime
i am trying to get a 1GB file to my friend, and i do not have a dvd burner only a CD burner. I can split the file but that still takes a lot of work and then i still have to burn it twice, ive tried usendit and stuff and it takes WAY too long, the file never finishes loading up to the site, are there any other easy solutions i am missing?

set yourself up as an ftp/web server and let him download it overnight

pull out your hard drive, plug it into his computer

borrow a dvd writer

they are the only cost free options i can think of, alternatively you could buy a DVD writer - not too expensive and you will probably find it usefull in the future.

Yea, the best way is through a FTP server.

Do this,

Download BulletproofFTSERVER onto the computer that you would like to transfer the stuff to. Set it up and so on.

Then use SmartFTP and connect to your friends computer and transfer the files or whatever you want to his computer. Simple as that.

Use winrar

www.rarlabs.com

Once you install it, you right click on the file - press add to archive - then select (compress in cd size) and it will make two files that can be put back together from the two cds.

If you have Gmail or Premium Hotmail and he does, send it to him using email as long as he has the space.

I would say just break down and buy a DVD burner. They are not that expensive anymore and well worth the money spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom