6600GT OC or x800XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been meaning to ask what the heck is AA? :confused:

And i plan on getting a 17" samsung monitor. so. i unno. the best resolution i guess? Srry...ima n00b. :eek:

Best resolution I'm guessing is 1280/1024. Your getting a PCI-E MOBO? If you are then I would suggest the x800 XL. If its AGP, then the 6800 is your best bet with your budget.

Whats the best overall? The PCI-Express mobo will cost me about the same as the AGP mobo. But the PCI-Express card (x800XL) is much cheaper than the AGP 6800GT. WHat to do? What to get?

Get the x800XL then. It performs well in alot of games such as farcry/Half life 2, and Counterstrike source. The only game it sucks at is DOOM3, but It will perform at the same level as the 6600GT with doom3.

R u absolutley positive? Cuz im going to get this thingie today. Do me a favour and ask yourself what you would do in my situation. Be sincere please. :eek:

Yes i am aware. However, they are cheaper and currently their performance gap is still quiet small.

Dude, I think you have all the info you need to make the decision, it is up to you.

6800GT>x800xl
x800xl>6600GT
PCI-e>AGP

Now weigh the price issues and make a decision.

IM not sur though. I know that id ont know THAT much about computers. So im not sure what the best decision is. :confused:

ATI's next gen R520 will be released in both AGP and PCI-E

There is no benefit to getting PCI-E there is no bottleneck on the bus even with AGP because of the onboard ram on video cards.

Iditotic is 100% right here when he stated
6800GT>x800xl
x800xl>6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom