6600GT OC or x800XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright thanks. And also, when will games completely exceed the 6800GT to the point where i need to upgrade just to play them?

Hmm.. I just found a BFG GeForce 6800GT for $469 Can. Its AGP. But i guess AGP is fine.

IM in the process of building one. I'll have to switch my mobo to an AGP type . Phew. Luky i dint buy it yet.:D

TBH, I would stick with PCI-e. The new line of cards aren't even coming out in AGP models at this point.

TBH??? :rolleyes:

Anyways. If i stick with PCIE then im gonna get a x800XL. If i go with AGP i gonna get the BFG 6800GT. I heard the frame rate between AGP and PCIE isnt that big for the price value. Maybe, 7-12 fps more.

TBH = To be honest

Your right that there isn't a difference in performance on todays cards. The upside of PCI-e is that it is a lot more future proof. Like I said the new generation of gfx cards are coming out PCI-e only (ie 7800GTX and the ATI 9xx series).

If you get AGP now it could prove to be difficult to upgrade in the future.

What games are you going to play? I found that the 6800GT was overkill for guild wars..... I coulda just spent alot less on a 6200 and gotten good performance.

TBH= THANKS! Now i know! :)

Anyways. Im sure that the future cards will also need a newer mobo. And since i dont plan on upgrading for 2 or more years, im sure no matter what mobo i buy now will need to be replaced either way. You think?

I plan on playing Half life 2, counter strike source. Maybe some halo. Doom 3. all the newer shooters i guess. Age of empires III when i is released maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom