Comp building sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacerX

Baseband Member
Hi,

Can someone point me to a site that gives detailed instructions for how to build a computer? I've never done it before, and want to have a real good understanding of what I'll be doing before I start. The only sites I could find seemed pretty outdated.

Thanks

Well if it is your first time and you don't know that much, you are bound to make a big mistake. Sow what I suggest, since most internet sites assume you know alot about computers in the first place, is to buy a book or magazine on how to build one. Preferrably a book though, if you have a Barnes & Noble around or something similar or computer store you might check in with some of them to see if they have anything.

GameGURU said:
Well if it is your first time and you don't know that much, you are bound to make a big mistake.

lol, can you list the top 5 "big mistakes" to look out for? :eek:

1: Not grounding yourself.
2: misplaced grounds,jumpers
3: Putting a penny in place of the CMOS battery
4: Jamming your finger into an electrical socket
5: having loose screws or misplaced screws and seeing your motherboard fried after you turn on power.

yea its really ez to find out where everything gos and all that but just electrical shoks and stuff u have to watch out for
ram hdd video card cpu and all that and that brings me o another common mistake im surprised wasnt mentioned is ben CPU PINS do not mess up on that that would be the worst thing ever to do worst thing ever sibnce u cant get a new one unless of course u pay for it which really sucks but is fixavle with skilled craftsmanship and tidious work to bend the pin back without breaking it. dont do it!! be careful!!
and ull have to know how to reformat and install windows and drivers
if u run into probns post here and ull get an answer within a short period of time. (probably unless u mess up big real big)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom