'Turbo' Button...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing is turbo isn't even meant to speed up your computer, it slows it down so it can run programs that can't run on higher speeds...now THAT is false advertising :p

Pretty much "Oh we meant it goes turbo when you turn the function off"

"so it goes back to its normal speed?"

"No it TURBOS back to the normal speed"

:p

lol my mums old comp (was useing it till 2 years ago had a turbo mode and was useing the first windows lol i ust to just go turbo on turbo off turbo on turbo off on turbo off on turbo off on turbo off on turbo off on turbo off on turbo off on turbo off on turbo off and so on :)

beedubaya said:
My 386SX 8MHz machine from my childhood had a turbo button. I hit it, it goes up to 12MHz. Nice! :D

Ha ha, MY 386 was 33MHz! Nuts to you, buddy! :p

I was at my wifes friends house a few months back,, i saw a little led on the front of her case that said 33. I was like, wow i didnt know you were into pcs, you got a temp reading.. she was like, no, its turbo whatever that does lol. I look up and see a monochrome monitor

you know though, the first pc's were extrememly expensive, and so everything was temp readout and kept in a humidified room.

My old Tandy CoCo II didn't have a turbo button. But it did have a POKE that you could set to 0 and it doubled the speed.

Yeah, that dosent make any sense. Well, actually, maybe the first ones. Vacuum tubes, perhaps they operate in humidity better. But as for electronics, humidity is its enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom