Dual core Conroe to OWN! (next year)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be a die hard Intel guy but I just am not impressed anymore. The reason I am using Opterons now is because they were designed with SMP in mind. Dual independent memory buses is the way to go.

Modeling the new line of chips on the current Dothan design is definately the way to go though. Those chips are just amazing when OC'd to 3Ghz or past.

If these new chips stay true to the design (ie do not lengthen the pipes in order to hit the speed) these chips will be VERY powerfull.

Two 3Ghz cores based on Dothan with 4mb cache. Come on, these things will be monsters.

By 2012 AMD will literally own Intel. Have you seen the lawsuit they are filing against intel? (Well, I don't think AMD will win, but it's wishful thinking.)

I agree Dothan is the way to go.

I just think that Intel needs to spend more time working on eliminating the FSB bottlenecks like AMD did.

Intel needs to spend more time making microprocessors and less time advertising.

I just think that Intel needs to spend more time working on eliminating the FSB bottlenecks like AMD did.
Planned for 2007. I actually am with you there and wish it was coming with this round, but no such luck.

Yet again Intel whores out larger caches in an attempt to boast performance rather than experimenting with new innovations. Also yet again seems like an Intel scheme to trick costumers, 4MB Intel vs. 1MB AMD, to the untrained eye the choice is "obvious".

I am curious to see if Intel improved the thermal specifications with the 65nm process or if they suffer the same leakage issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom