How to get above 3.2 VDImm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacp

Daemon Poster
Ok I moved my jumper, but it still won't go above 3.2 Vdimm. Why? Thanks.

lol

Anywho...dont have the Ultra-D, but you're sure you moved everything according to the manual?

Do voltage monitoring programs still show it as 3.2 as well?

Just wondering if it might show like 3.2 in the BIOS but really let 4v through or something, but if that were the case it seems like a lot of people would accidentally fry the RAM or something.

Anyway, head to www.dfi-street.com that's the forums, I'm sure you'd get more help there

You have to set the CPU VID voltage to something other than auto for the extra voltage options to show up. The default is usually 1.4 if you don't have the cpu overclocked.

Ow lol. Ya it works fine now. My 2 sticks of bh-5 can do memtest 2-2-2-6 1t all day at 240 FSB, but when I load up games/etc I get memory errors. Default for me is 1.3 btw. Weird I thought 2 cores required more power.

Are you sure it's 1.3? not 1.38 or something? Underpowering the CPU can damage it. BTW, my BH-5 does 1.5-2-2-3-1T @ 246 FSB 100% memtest stable @ 3.4V. If your PC is new you may still have to burn in your BH-5. IF you have BH-5 memory, and it is burned in, and you still can't do any better, make sure you have the memory in the yellow slots, and are using the 6/23-2 BIOS, which can be found here:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=66680

wow, someone who knows BH-5 and how to appropriately use a DFI board and it's BIOSs here at tech forums....a rarity :D

and no that wasn't sarcasm lol

Ya, I'm using the 23 bios right now. I'm pretty sure its not undervolting, but I increased voltage to 1.4*110% just in case. Ya, i'm using the yellow slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom