Computer shuts off/will not turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmatt2020

Solid State Member
I put together a new system a few weeks ago, and it has been running somewhat smoothly. However, today I found the computer off even though the power had not gone out. I booted it up, and shortly after it simply turned off (not shut down). When I tried to turn it back on, everything came on for less than a second and shut off. My first thought was power supply. I unhooked everything but the essentials, but it still would not come on. I tried a different power supply with the same result. It eventually turned on. I started hooking things up slowly and checking. It kept turning on for a while and then started the whole thing over again. I disconnected everything one more time, but it will not turn back on. After waiting a while it turned on, but turned off after I went into bios and then exited. The cpu temp was at 43 C, so that's not overheating. The power supply is an antec 550 watt and is less than 6 months old. Could it be the motherboard (only about 3 weeks old. DFI Lan Party)?

Look at the components lastly....check out the power supply first. If you have another power supply laying around put that in or can swap one out with a friends puter you might find that that is the culprit right up front!

Is there a motherboard temperature monitor? Under PC Health it has cpu temp (about 43 C), system inside and system out (both about 30 C).

What's to check? It does the same thing with only the basics hooked up, and I've swapped out the power supply, but it didn't fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom