Audigy 2 zs Problem, Won't be Detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezerguy187

Baseband Member
I just bought a Creative Audigy 2 zs, and I installed all of the drivers off of the installation cd and everything. I then tried to install the latest drivers off of creative site and when i try to run the update it says that "Setup cannot detect any Sound Blaster Audigy 2". It then cancels the setup. What's goign on here? I'm running windows XP. I also tried to run the eaxHD features in Battlefield 2 and it wouldn't work. Someone please help.

I'm thinking if it's not being detected than you don't have the sound card intalled properly. Open up your computer and make sure you have everything connected properly. Also you should have posted this in the audio section, you would get more responses there.

Well i checked to see if i installed it properly and it looked good to me. Unless there's supposed to be more than 1 wire connecting to the card. There are more than one ports where more wires coudl be plugged into. But my old soundblaster just had the one wire, which is now plugged into the Audigy. This is really annoying.

If the card is plugged in properly to the PCI slot then you probably didn't uninstall the old drivers and reinstall the new drivers properly.

You must uninstall the old drivers first, before installing the new card and the drivers/software.

UNINSTALL:

START > CONTROL PANEL > SYSTEM > DEVICE MANAGER > Sound, Video, Game Controllers

Then right click on old audio driver/controller, select uninstall.
Uninstall the old drivers.
Then

START > CONTROL PANEL > ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS - Find and uninstall all of the software associated with the old sound card.

Turn off PC - Open - Install new card.

Turn on PC and after boot to the OS, windows should find the new card automatically then ask you to locate the drivers to properly install it. That's when you insert the Audigy 2 ZS disk and install the drivers and the software.

After this is done. YOU MUST RESTART the PC.

Then you can install any updated drivers and software from creatives website.

Then you must RESTART again.

Hope this helps...

I just did that and once i tried to do teh updated drivers, it said it could not detect an audigy 2 zs. I mean i have sound and everything so i has to be working. I just dont know why it isn't detecting tha ti have it. I guess games don't detect tha ti have the audgiy 2 zs either. So weird. ANy more help guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom