Linux Cats Hate Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but can you please explain why you think the way you do? Have you ever used linux on a desktop? are you that closed minded that you will disreguard something without understanding why? did you looses an arguement to someone that uses linux? what is your reasoning for expressing yourself the way you do?

Of coarse I've used the operating system.

I've learned it and have used linux as my desktop for 2 years. The reasonsing behind why many people use that OS is flawed.

They can get things done quicker? NO, thats wrong, you can't.

Alot of the times the reason why people use them in say companies is when there are say a couple individuals using that OS and they're considered to be computer savvy, when they're really not.

So the other employee's think it's (COOL) to use it? That's the same with online. Your cool if you know it. That's it. The operating system it's self is NOT better than windows in any way.

You can get things done quciker in Windows, it saves you time, you can do more actually. So yea, I don't hate linux but I have no idea why people would use it as a desktop.

I agree with Gnitosh or w/e his name is, Linux is good for serving, if you can figure it out... Windows is good for anything from Stand Alone PC, to Client, to Server.... Anyone can use it because for now it's the standard.

macdude425 said:
1. Linux is not designed for the "typical" user.
2. Linux is a labor of love.
3. Linux is faster.
4. I can't help you are a n00b.

Get over it, punk.

EDIT: 5. This is a typical opinion of an M$ fanboy.

Yea i'm a newb because I chose to be smarter and use the windows operating system. Like I said I used linux before and I know how to almost do everything in it. From the configuration and network commands to installing and building rpm's and updating kernels. I know it all.

Overall, they bash windows or even USE linux to prove that they are so called. L33t. That's just a way people go about proving that linux is so called better when it really IS NOT when you think about it.

It's a culture I guess or even a trend. They see other people who may know more than them and they think, hey, i should use this peice of software.

Groundless. Most Linux users I know are 1337 BASHERS! And you should learn how to spell...

And how is being a n00b "smarter"? That's twisted. YOU'RE twisted, mister. If you know everything about Linux, you should be able to use it without opening an eye.

You and I both know that when you use the operating system it takes you twice if not 4 times the time to have things running properly.

Linux is nice but Windows is overall BETTER as an operationg system.

honestly, alot of the Linux people who hate Windows for no reason

ONLY HATE IT BECAUSE THEY CAN'T STAND THAT IT IS SOO DAMN GOOD

And they are so stuck on the fact that they want to prove that there is another operating system out there better than Windows that they got stuck on the 5th best thing (because nothing can come even 4th to how good Windows is) and they cling to it and use it and pray that it's better than windows when in reality that's not the case.

and they hate Bill Gates, which in my mind is a dork but hey, you gotta give him his credits.

Your definition of overall is skewed. People hate Windows because it is unstable, annoying, and likes to go crash in the night. They hate the reformats. Linux doesn't require this.

Obliviousness isn't a crime, but it should be.

Where is horndude at a time like this...?

Are you serious?

Your telling me that it's unstable, annoying and it crashes at night.

Yea how about you try upgrading from ME or 98 into XP Pro.

Then let's see how bad it is. My XP PRO hasn't crashed, EVER. The only time I need to restart it is when it's required. When updates install.

If your crash at night maybe you need to give your hardware a second look and try not to build your own computer when you have no idea what your doing. If it's unstable, get more memory and how in the world is it annoying when everything can get done quicker.

Here is the definition of annoying:

Annoying: To cause slight irritation to (another) by troublesome, often repeated acts.

Oh yea it's so annoying to install and uninstall with a click of a butto whenever you want. It's so annoying to have Windows take care of all the configuration and background jargon.

If it's so annoying why even use a computer? If it's so annoying then linux must be HELL.

Gnitsoh said:
Linux is nice but Windows is overall BETTER as an operationg system.

How can you say that either one is 'better'? It doesn't work like that. Windows is better for whatever, and Linux the same. Like I already pointed out, each is better at what is was designed for.

You sound just like these 'Linux people' you are describing. From what I can see, you started this thread primarily for an argument...

I really hate it when I see people who use linux tell me how much better it is than windows. That's so NOT TRUE.

"crash in the night" was a home-made piece of figurative language, as in I didn't mean it literally. I've never used ME, thank you very much, and I've had XP Pro crash twice.

Linux (at least the disros I've used) took care of everything on install. And xf86config, ifconfig, the works, isn't exactly rocket science. If you think it is, you should not be running a hosting company.

If it's so annoying why even use a computer?
Please, acting like my father will get you nowhere.

If it's so annoying then linux must be HELL
"It's like a trip to the moon on gossamer wings..."
--Alan Alda, M*A*S*H, "Mail Call Again", 1976

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom