6800 BIOS - No Hardware volt mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotec

Fully Optimized
HERE
Man, it is AGP only, but sounds pretty cool. Definately no need for a 7800GTX if you can get 450/1200 out of your 6800GT :D

Yeah, I've known about that for some time....only problem with that is, is a lot of cards tend to DIE after a couple months even with good cooling ;)

Card just wasn't meant to take in that extra voltage, muchless all the way the hell up to 1.6v which is quite a leap.

You can change it quite easily using 'Nibitor' as well

Yeah I've heard about it but was a bit sketchy about it, I was a bit disappointed a first with the 6800GTs maxing out around 430/1150 (that's what I'm running anyways), I need to try this shizzo out and put this water cooling to good use. I need to make sure my system even works first though. :(

Still not sure I want 1.6v running though

430/1150 is where I was running it with the NF2 as well...the memory could max out at like 1180 I believe, buut I only did that for benches so I wanted to use a good 24/7 parameter.....

HOWEVER, after finding out about this NF3 BS business it now stays at 415/1120

It's still an increase in benchmarks, but they'd be even better if it was back at it's original 430/1150 :p

Shit "fast while they last" right :p

You guys got the water cooling, bump that shit up :D

Can you only bump it to 1.6 or can you go anywhere in the range of 1.4 to 1.6?

Nibitor allows you to go to 1.6v max....doesn't matter of the cooling though, they can still die because of putting to much stress to the components....although I trust eVGA to be good quality cards I aint got the money to back that up if it were to die ;)

plus as it is, the chipset prevent me from going higher than 415/1120 even though I know the card can do 430/1150

It's all part of the conspiracy Nubi, when nvidia were making the nf3 chipset they had a big meeting.

"hmmm seems like that nubius bought a new 6800GT AGP card"
"that means he'll probably end up with a dfi nf3 eventually"
"HEY! why don't we screw him over by limiting the overclocking potential on GPUs running the nf3 chipset!"
"of course! it's so simple"
"mwahahahahah"
"mwahahahahaha"

gaara said:
It's all part of the conspiracy Nubi, when nvidia were making the nf3 chipset they had a big meeting.

"hmmm seems like that nubius bought a new 6800GT AGP card"
"that means he'll probably end up with a dfi nf3 eventually"
"HEY! why don't we screw him over by limiting the overclocking potential on GPUs running the nf3 chipset!"
"of course! it's so simple"
"mwahahahahah"
"mwahahahahaha"
LMFAO :D

Seriously though, I do not understand how a chipset can affect the OC'ing of a gfx card. Please enlighten me...

Because apparently nvidia spent so much time on making sure that stupid ass ATI could work well on the nforce chipset they forgot to optimize their own cards.

The nf3 chipset wasn't optimized for the bandwidth of these newer cards....I guess I should be lucky because some people were having troubles with stock speeds on their cards.

Lot of freeze ups...mainly like 1-2 second little lags in games and benchmarks.

430/1150 would work flawlessly on my NF2....but if I try that on this one, it'll freeze up in a benchmark

NF4 chipsets were optimized for more throughput.

I also have to keep my AGP bus at 67MHz, same goes for the MSI Neo2 Plat board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom