Dvd burning Error -=Buffer Underun=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad_aware

Solid State Member
HI all, sorry to take up a little of your time. I'm currenlty having problems burning dvdrs and dvdrws (dual format) with my dual format 4x writing Mitsubishi dvdwriter. Didnt have any problems before until I installed NJstar viewer. Now whenever I try to write dvdrs/rws I keep getting the error of -=Buffer Underun=-; was recommended that it might be a software conflict and so I uninstalled NJstar viewer but was still unable to write any dvdrs/rws using my dvdwriter. Would appreciate it if anyone here would be able to help me out...

Desperate./

buffer underrun is not due to a software conflict......it happens when during the write process, the write buffer becomes empty
>> try to free up some system resources by unchecking startup items from msconfig
>> also enable Direct Memory Access on yor computer
>> and finally try reducing the write speed a bit from the software that u r using
>> these are tested solutions and will work

Hi there thanks for the prompt reply.

>>Will try reducing some of the startup items from msconfig when I get back.

>>HOw do I enable Direct Memory Access on my computeR?

>>And lastly, im using Nero and I am unable to select other writing speeds using the software. There is onli 2.4X selectable;and also previous write sessions have been ok/successful even at this writing speed.

Hmmz, do you think there might be problems with my dvdwriting rom or any other hardware ? Thanks.

Nope, i dont think theres any thing wrong with the drive
>> just try unchecking all the startup items once......i am sure the burner will work
>> for DMA go into device manager, go to IDE channels...double click on secondary channel, go to advance settings tab and choose "DMA, if available" from the drop down, click apply etc.
>> if the burner was working fine earlier, it should work now with the same write speed
>> reply with the results

Hi maverick, bad news =(

>> I unchecked all the options from the Startup tab under msconfig

>> Under IDE advanced settings tab under Device Manager, "DMA, if available" option is already enabled.

However I still get the "Buffer Underrun" error msg.

i do not agree with maverick_teck. i would still suspect a software conflict first. the best and eaisest way would be to test your dvd burner in another computer, if it works than you have software conflict.

if software is your problem you should save all data you want to keep on your computer and reinstall your operating system with the resore CD you got with that computer.

well yes, it could happen although i never faced buffer underrun on any computer due to a software conflict
>> u could just make sure that u dont have any other burning software installed

hi <<ek>> I do not have another spare computer for me to test my dvdwriter on. Would there be any other ways to test the dvdwriter? FOr example maybe uninstalling Nero and then using another good burning rom to try the write session? Would there be any burning roms that you may recommend that might be comparable to Nero? Thanks

Maverick:hmmz I do not have any other burning softwares installed in my computer currently. Is there any other ways out that you can possibly think of?

Hmm.. oh yes another point to add. THe dvd+rws I tried burning? Im not sure if they're empty and thus I decided to try erasing them, but ended up with a Buffer Underrun error.

This is from the above website.

If you use one of the following types of CD Writer :

Grundig CDR100IPW, HP 4020, Kodak CDR240, Mitsubishi CDVR2X4, Mitsumi CD-R CR-2401TS, Philips CDD2000, Plasmon CDR4220, Plasmon RF4100, Plasmon RF4102, Wearnes CDR-432

and you are using an Adaptec 1542CF, then you should use the Utility SCSISelect in Device Configuration for the ID of your CD burner to change the value from FAST SCSI to NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom