Linux Cats Hate Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnitsoh

Solid State Member
I really hate it when I see people who use linux tell me how much better it is than windows. That's so NOT TRUE.

Windows is overall a better operating system, much easier to use and functionable. Sure it may have little flaw but what doesn't.

The flaws linux doesn't come with comes with a price. It's harder to use, you have to spend hours at a time to learn how to install and fix things and it does not run many of the windows software products available on the market.

I mean, these people are so stuck on the fact that Linux is better that just to justify and prove that they are infact correct they force themselves to use the peice of software for their desktop.

I ask them why and they say they can get things done quicker. lol

yea.. okay. Sure you can.

Why are you posting this???

Linux was designed from the start for a different purpose than Windows.

Oh right. Well I disagree. Linux is free, and compared to Windows that is one huge advantage. A lot of the software is also free and open source. In my view this is the main advantage. Also with distributions like Mandrake it is not so hard to use Linux. Linux is also more stable than Windows, as it was originally designed for server use rather than as a desktop OS.

for starters, this is the wrong place for this.. but anyway...

It's all based on perception. Simply put, a person that wants to get into the dirt with their machine will likly prefer Linux over windows. Also, it's been the trend of late for programmers, developers and people that tend to do more with their machine than web/DVD's to use linux in one of it's releases.
Windows on the other hand, works. It's something that you can almost count on to do what you want without doing much to it. This isn't because other OS don't, but because we are so familiar with it that there is not any learnging... If you don't remember when you first learned how to use a PC(which I'm sure you can't) it's wasn't so easy...

Case in point, my 4 year nephew can use Either Linux or windows with just as much ease as either. No problems there for him...

Remember, it's all about what you want to learn...
Not what you know, and don't want to learn...

No I disagree, Linux is absolutely no good for a desktop or for anyone to use. The best operating system is Windows by Bill Gates hands down. The only good Linux is for is for use by Hosting Servers.

By allowing people to use linux in any other way other than server usage is a waist.

I understand what Gnitsoh is saying, about how some Linux users always seem to be bashing Windows. I don't think there's much of a comparison between the two operating systems, myself. They operate very differently and we designed from the beginning for entirely different uses. Linux, however, is slowly coming into the mainstream and with it is sure to come improved Windows compatibility and ease of use. As for right now, the only reason I don't use Linux is that it can't run my games. But in a few years, who knows, I might switch over to it entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom