r520 AND r580 expected within the next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i dont like ati but i will like em aloy once they come out with these sick ships i heard the hl2 exansion is gonna need the r520 to run it and there is a video somewhere and it is absolutely jaw dropping but the new gpus are going to be really i mean really expensive the r520 will prolly be like 800 that a guestamit but yea ati is going to crush nvidea soon but itl be expensive

So i guess the same would apply if you used a new X900 XT PE 32 pipes with a X950 XT PE 40 pipes.

Interesting...

No they won't be $800.00
I bet somewhere in the $600.00 range at launch.

Are the R520 and R530 being released at the same time? And If so I assume the R530 will be the best.

I'm planning on making my purchase early September, do you think it will be out by then?

Yea probably, since ATi is Valve's partner, the card is going to come out near the launch, most likely a month ealier.

Wow!
Upgrades are coming out pretty much every month now!

HAVOC2k5 said:
So i guess the same would apply if you used a new X900 XT PE 32 pipes with a X950 XT PE 40 pipes.

Interesting...

No they won't be $800.00
I bet somewhere in the $600.00 range at launch.
I remember when the X850XTPE PCI-e was $999 on newegg :D

That's pretty cool....nvidia is almost acting like Intel when they were all "LOOK WE GOT OUR DUAL CORES OUT FIRST" when it didn't necessarily perform better.

Hopefully this gives nvidia a swift kick in the ass to provide something that's TRULY next gen hardware.....couldnt believe the 7800 IMO turned out to barely be a step above the 6800Ultra.

I think with the 7800 they were focusing more on fixing the power consumption and heat issues found in the GeForce 6 cards, ATI on the other completely revised their architechture much like nVidia did when they went from the FX to 6 series, I think this trend goes back and forth between generation, the x800s were simply faster 9*** cards and that seems like all the 7800 is as well.

I'm really not sure if I should hold off buying a PC... Will the R520 really be that much better that the 7800GTX?

With PCs you can never buy something without it being outdated in 2 seconds...and I HATE that, so I have no idea what to do...

I just want to be able to run games like Oblivion and Black and White 2 with decent graphics...

RedUK said:
I'm really not sure if I should hold off buying a PC... Will the R520 really be that much better that the 7800GTX?

With PCs you can never buy something without it being outdated in 2 seconds...and I HATE that, so I have no idea what to do...

I just want to be able to run games like Oblivion and Black and White 2 with decent graphics...

well, you should get something that will tide you over until the ATI cards come and just save up your money, if they are awsome like it sounds they will be get one

HAVOC2k5 said:
40 pipes in insane. I might hold off building my new system for awhile. I'm wondering if i were to go crossfire, if i bought a new R520 and used it in single card config. Then later when the 580's come out, if i could then use it in crossfire as a master and the 520 as a slave? I'm not sure about the pipeline difference thought. I wonder if the 580 will only use 24 pipes when the 520 is used in crossfire? Anyone know?

Dude, u have dual ultras with an FX 55!! y dou need to build a new system anyway??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom