Silly compatibility question between mobo and vid. card..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arumuni

In Runtime
Are these two parts compatible?

MSI K8N NEO4-F S939/NF4/RAID/GLAN/AUD/PCI-X
Ati Radeon X800 XL, 256MB 256BIT PCIE,VGA,DVI,S-Video out

I think they are... srry guys...just wanna make sure before i spend big bucks. :eek: Also, can someone reccommend me a PSU wattage? I think a 420W will do fine. Suggestions?

You will need a 24pin PSU - make sure you check.

Depending on your other specs, but assuming 1 hdd and 1 dvd burner 420watts will be plenty. You don't want to skimp on your PSU - remember it is powering that expensive video card and you don't want that blowing up along with your whole system due to getting a cheap PSU.

Thermaltake is the cheapest PSU I would put in my system - and it is actually surprisingly good cause it is $50 for a extremly reliable PSU and the amps are good too. OCZ and Antec are better, but are pricey - worth every penny.

And yes, all Nforce 4 boards have PCI expess.

Might as well get this over with before someone else does, it may be worth having a look at the Nvidia's due to ATI gpu's lack Pixel Shader Model 3 support, so you won't get the eye candy you were hoping for in future games that require it - you will have to run in direct X8

I heard from a source that i will need a x800 at the very least becuase it has 16 pipelines, and that after the next gen games come out it wont be really outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom