Need ideas for the splitting of Hardware Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted by AuBrEy Online:
Anyway I think they should do it like this!

> Component Disccusion
For CPU, RAM 'n' all that

> Proposed PC Specs
Before you build post the specs here

> Completed PC
After building write a review

> Reviews
Reviews for everything, like cases and PSU's

> Peripherals (Mouse, Keybard)

> Peripherals (Scanners, Printers)

Posted by RicoDirenzo:
1) Video card/Monitor Troubleshooting
2) CPU/Mobo/Memory Troubleshooting
3) All other hardware componnent troubleshooting
4) General hardware Issues and Discussion

Seems to me there should be an emphasis on problem solving first and have a separate "Issues" forum for "blathering on".

there should also ba a "search the forums before you post" button next to the "post a reply" button, so when people dont do this, you can click the button, and it automatically generates a response, so you do not have to take your time typing this all the time.

joshd said:
there should also ba a "search the forums before you post" button next to the "post a reply" button, so when people dont do this, you can click the button, and it automatically generates a response, so you do not have to take your time typing this all the time.

apokalipse said:
that's a good idea

Tis

It is a good idea, but it'd require an admin to edit the template but that wouldn't be too hard.

I pretty well agree with what Trotter has mentioned above. As someone else mentioned elseware the only thing I'd add would be to keep the hardware forum, turn those forums listed above into sub forums of it, and use the hardware forum for keeping guides and such.

Great idea splitting it up, as then the posts will get moer replies, as so often I have come into hardware, and it has spread over 3 or more pages, and most people only check the first page.

Really, it should be:

1. General hardware incl. news
2. help my pc doesn't work one
3. building - parts etc.

No more than 3 categories: these would work great:

quote:Subject is better. ("buying/building", "Troubleshooting", "New Tech/Neat-Stuff")

thanks everyone... keep the ideas flowing...

I believe some changes will occur this or next week.

Barring no unexpected things happen to my schedule
AND if the past is accurate.. something will come up unexpected :(

BUT... THEY WILL COME

vaderpro said:
No more than 3 categories: these would work great:

quote:Subject is better. ("buying/building", "Troubleshooting", "New Tech/Neat-Stuff")
do you know how to use the quote tags, vaderpro?

I'd say that's probabbly the favourite one ATM.

although I still think we should have "news / new stuff" and "building my PC" in the one forum, and then have "what's wrong with my PC"
or at least have "news" as a sub-forum to "building my PC"

the reason being, that people building a new PC are the ones most likely going to use the news about new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom