Budget, Spending, Obsession

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmanteImperfett

Baseband Member
Not sure if this belongs here but it's along the lines of computer building so I figure, why not.

Was wondering how many people here are on budgets. I imagine most. I myself am a college student working summers in an office to support my habit (computer obsession if you will) and while at school I work in the comp labs at 8 an hour. I can only work 40 hours a month though. So you can imagine I try to get the best I can for what I make. Gotta save for books and fees though which is a pain in the...

I was also wondering how much money you all have thrown down for your rigs. I would say for mine, to this point, close to 2000 (that includes all old and new hardware) if I were to have built it with what I have in now in the beginning, I think it would come to be about 1500. Not too shabby I guess. :cool:

Just curious to see what people are doing for their "children" :D

wow, 2300.. If i get a computer that worth more than 500 dollars, I would pray to god everyday lol.

I spend 1500 every 5 months and live off ramen noodle soup, mountain dew, and vitamins.

yea same here around $1500, but I'm gonna get a job soon and save up some money, and next winter or summer Ill probably drop 3-4k in hopes of building a comp with all the best components out

Get a pretty good system for $1000
ASPIRE X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW-AL Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 350W Power Supply-57
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice Socket 939 Processor-146
Arctic SIlver Premium Photosynthetic Silver Thermal Compound Arctic Silver 5-8
DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard-198
Corsair XMS 1GB (2x512)PC3200DDR RAM 3200C2PT-121
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380817AS 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive-62
NEC Beige IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3520A BG-41
Microsoft Windows XP Home w/Service Pack 2-92
Mitsumi USB2.0 Digital Card Reader/Writer W/FD INTERNAL, Model FA404A/404M-20
D-Link DKVM-2K KVM 2 Computer Connections-25
eVGA 6600GT 128MB DDR3/PCI-E/TV-Out/Dual-DVI-169
3x Antec LED80XFAN 80mm Blue LED Light Cooling Fan-24

total $963 without shipping and tax...
ROger

tajahem said:
I spend 1500 every 5 months and live off ramen noodle soup, mountain dew, and vitamins.

:p

Now is that the packages or the cups? Because packages can save you more and you don't even need to cook them. :D

1500 every 5 months would actually be pretty wise. Enough to keep you updated on new technology and I suppose it's not TOO much to throw down for something you love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom