New computer trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaime

Solid State Member
i just bought an alienware Area-51 computer.

I connected, my headset, keyboard, screen, and mouse up and turned it on. I customized it a bit, and downloaded the latest nvidia drivers, now what else do i do?

Are there any other drivers or software i need to install or is it already on my computer?

thanks

chipset drivers are required to get smooth gameplay. Direct X?

It is always a good idea to do a stability test.

Check temperatures to make sure the PC is not any where near the shut-off temperature.

Tidy up the inside of the case.

Get mozila firefox and AVG anti virus.

Sound drivers?

Heyyo,

Alienware's high quality man, I'm sure they shipped it with if not new already then pretty new drivers. Of course getting the latest is always good.

Now.. new computer trouble, but you forgot to mention what's the problem.. do you just want to know if you need to update more computer components in order for it to work better?? it's understood that the newer the drivers, usually the better. I've had some hit and misses with nvidia and ati drivers. (catalyst v5.1 sucked on my comp, lost 10F/S permanently on halo, aboot 8F/S off BFV.. yeah. v5.2 was ok though, everything up's fine.

yeh everything is running ok i just wanna know what else i can/should do.

TRIFID thanks, but how and where can i get the stuff to check my system temperature and stability test?

a good software i use is sisoftware sandra. it will tell you all your temps, voltages and so on. another way to check your temps is to check them in your bios setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom